Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
Enjoy working with big data? We do too! In fact, data lies at the very core of our business! As the individual in this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of Priceline's financial systems. The applications built will be managing daily cash-in & cash-out flows of 10-12 billion dollars All the financial applications will be deployed on GCP and then revamping of each application will take place during the next couple of years.
In this role you will get to:
● Participate in cloud migration and modernizing current data systems.
● Oversee data systems that serve hundreds of millions of real time events a day.
● Maintain and design early warning and analytics systems using cutting edge big data technologies.
● Collaborate on building software that collects and queries data, while also composing queries for investigation purposes.
● Analyze and provide data supported recommendations to improve product performance and customer acquisition.
● Diagnose and troubleshoot any issues within data infrastructure.
● Effectively collaborate and engage in team efforts, mentoring the junior members in the team, speak up for what you think are the best solutions and be able to converse respectfully and compromise when necessary
Who you are:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
7+ years of work experience in Software Engineering and development.
Should have worked with Big Data solutions such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
Experience in data modeling and ETL
Experience with GCP tools – Dataflow, Dataproc, BQ, GCS, GKE will be a big plus
Exposure and familiarity with GCP tools is required
Knowledge of databases – CloudSQL (MySQL, Postgres), BigQuery
Data analysis knowledge is preferable.
Working Knowledge of Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, Scala.
Familiarity with Git, Jenkins, common CI/CD tools is desired