Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
This role is eligible for our hybrid work model: Two days in-office.
Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal. Join an Agile team of software engineers that are instrumental in building the next generation of travel applications. We constantly explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for ever demanding business needs.
In this role you will get to:
• Drive mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business
• Innovate with cross-functional agile team that continuously experiments, iterates and delivers on new product objectives
• Showcase fluency and development skills in full stack Java (Core Java, services and API, ReactJS and Node JS) Core Java or similar programming languages
• Apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput transactional services with continuous integration and automation testing
• Implement SQL composition skills that collects and queries data for investigation and analysis in real time from our applications
• The ability to quickly apply your experience to understand our codebase, systems and business requirements to effectively make changes to our application
• Influencer and communicator on team development efforts. Influence what the best solutions are and communicate your findings to key business stakeholders
• Design, Build and Support resilient production grade applications and web services
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science.
• 7+ years of experience in software engineering and development
• Exceptional coding experience with Core/ Advance Java or similar programming languages
• Experience with Java, Springboot , Webservices/ API (REST) , REACTJS , NodeJS(Front End), Microservices Architecture, GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine).
• Strong grasp of SQL composition skills for composing queries and analysis
• Experienced in code/design reviews and familiar with Git, Jenkins, and common CI/CD tools
• Strong logical and analytical skills
• Experience with developing on Cloud, especially GCP.
• Proven ability in Design and Architecture of complex, highly scalable and performance driven applications