This role is eligible for our hybrid work model: Two days in-office.
Software Engineer – Backend
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
Join an Agile team of professionals that are instrumental in building the next generation of travel applications. We constantly explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for ever demanding business needs.
Our team of engineers, at all levels, work with the business leaders in defining the product roadmap and come up with innovative solutions to grow the future of travel. We design and develop our back end systems and REST APIs that serve hundreds of millions of searches a day, collecting and parsing data across thousands of partners to get the best deals for our customers.
In this role you will get to:
• Participate in mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business.
• Be part of a cross-functional agile team that continuously experiments, iterates and delivers on new product objectives.
• Showcase your development skills of Core Java or similar programming languages.
• Apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput transactional services with continuous integration and automation testing. • Implement SQL composition skills that collects and queries data for investigation and analysis in real time from our applications.
• Utilize your knowledge to understand our codebase, systems and business requirements to effectively make changes to our applications.
• Effectively collaborate and engage in team efforts, speak up for what you think are the best solutions and be able to converse respectfully and compromise when necessary.
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
• 4+ years of experience in software engineering and development.
• Coding experience with Core Java or similar programming languages.
• Thorough SQL compositions skills for composing queries and analysis.
• Comfort and experience with Spring Frameworks, Web Services and APIs.
• Experience in Microservices, Kubernetes, Dockers is a big positive.
• Experience with developing on Cloud, especially GCP and AWS.
• Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
• The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential