Junior NOC Specialist
Junior NOC Specialist
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
Are you interested in learning cutting edge technologies? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? The priceline.com Site Reliability Operations Team offers these and many more opportunities while working in a fast pace and challenging environment. The team is responsible for ensuring that every area of Priceline.com's site is highly available, reliable and performing optimally.
Rotational Shift – 6 am and 2 pm (IST)
In this role you will get to:
● Manage and issue track ticket creation, updates, escalations and participation on incident bridge calls. Adherence to established response SLO’s/SLA’s and a working knowledge of all monitoring and support tools.
● Maintain a culture of continuous improvement, by providing suggestions for process improvements, providing updates to documentation, providing transfer of knowledge to peers in your area of expertise, and assisting in the training of new hires.
● Frontline Tier I/II monitoring / escalation / incident response and impact mitigation.
● Execute Command & Control tasks on our infrastructure.
● Orchestrate and manage incident lifecycle between external 3rd party vendors, the Site Reliability Engineers (SRE), and internal development teams.
● Analyze and support the continuous improvement of our monitoring as well as command and control capabilities. Maintain a high level of communication and knowledge sharing: incident lifecycle tracking, runbooks and operational
● Report the health and availability of the site and related services.
Who you are:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years relevant work experience.
Understanding of how monitoring tools work eg Relic, PagerDuty, Splunk, Understanding of IT infrastructure.
Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure.
Self-motivated and can work both independently and within a team in our 24/7Operations Center; available for off-hours shift coverage and be able to own technical issues in the role of Incident Commander.
Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation,Team, Accountability and Trust.
The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life.Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.