Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
The priceline.com DevOps Engineering Team is responsible for activities that ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services. These activities include the design and specification of technical infrastructure and automation pipelines to facilitate the integration of software development and delivery from inception to full operation. These activities also include the implementation of solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, and configuration management of applications systems and services, as well as the coordination and ownership of system and software release processes, and the coordination of the resolution of application support issues with development teams.
Finally, DevOps Engineering interacts with product, engineering, support, and infrastructure teams as well as vendors and third parties to satisfy system needs in line with the group’s technical “vision” and strategies for fault tolerance, test automation, performance enhancement, and configuration management.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities
- Activities ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services.
- Participates in the engagement with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Facilitates and partakes in the analysis of technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency
- Ensures in the delivery and drives the evolution of the technical “vision” for fault tolerance, performance enhancement and configuration management of applications, and may lead in implementation
- Advises infrastructure team regarding current and future systems needs and repercussions of infrastructure changes.
- May participate in the development of infrastructure and platform roadmaps.
- Responsible for the release of new software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Security and Architecture teams to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture standards and governance processes.
DevOps Engineer Requirements
- Knowledge and experience with running distributed systems in public cloud environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- Proficiency with management systems such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration, typically Docker; Unix / Linux; networking protocols; database administration
- Proficient development skills with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Bash, Java, C, C++
- Working knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Advanced knowledge in CICD automation using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Sonarcube, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Three or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
This role can be located in our Norwalk, CT Headquarters or our mid town Manhattan office.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.