Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
We’re a proud member of Booking Holdings, the world’s leading provider of online travel, with over 12,000 employees worldwide in more than 135 offices including New York, Amsterdam, London, and Bangkok. T
he Booking Holdings is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, priceline was one of Fortunes “most admired companies” for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook, and Amazon in the tech space.
Want to make a big impact in a small, agile, and collaborative team?
The Priceline Partner Network provides distribution of Booking Holding’s amazing travel deals to our network of partners. We’re a fast-growing and tight-knit team of over 50 developers, designers, account managers, and sales staff located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Our mission is to provide innovative solutions, products, and services that power our partner’s success – and we need your help.
As a Software Developer, you are responsible for contributing and supporting the foundation of our data as a service on internal and external products.
We’re looking for self-directed inspired and motivated individuals who work well in teams, and always looking for the next big challenge. Someone with a strong understand of when to build something new versus enhance an existing project.
You will build, troubleshoot, and triage affiliate driven projects and technical issues to improve efficiency & accuracy mainly around our product content, finance/reporting services, and 3rd party integrations.
• Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving technical issues related to data storage and data services
• Engage with the API service team to resolve technical issues when needed
• Provide company product level understanding
• Work with the account team to understand affiliate business problems and effectively present API solutions
• Ability and willingness to quickly ramp up on multiple technology areas as needed
• Valuable input for API integrations
• Technical knowledge in, but not necessarily limited too (Go, Node, React, MySql, Kafka, Google Cloud)
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams (technical support, services, QA).
• Proven record of technical learning ability. In depth knowledge and understanding of service level API’s and web applications
• Ability to address questions/complaints with tact and proficiency
• Demonstrated ability to learn and master new subject areas quickly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to bridge business and technical domains with an interest/ability to learn new technologies and business models
• Ability to collaborate and work in a small team with little direction
• An understanding of the Agile methodology
• 2+ years of development or equivalent consultant experience
• An academic background in Computer Science or related discipline Benefits
• Competitive base salary & consistently aggressive bonus
• Health and dental
• Employer RRSP matching
• Subsidized parking
• Subsidized Gym Membership
• Regular company events
• New employee and ongoing training (onsite and offsite)
• Regular Hackathons to experiment with new technologies
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.