We’re a data-driven organization, which makes our Analytics and Data Science teams the brains of our operation. On the cutting edge of customer and business analytics, they make sure all our decisions and innovations are based on the latest insights.
The Business Analyst, Rental Cars focus will be on the following:
- Provide insights into the rental car business, monitor performance through critical KPIs and create Tableau reports to disseminate information to team members.
- Build and monitor reports to track the competitive landscape in the OTA space with respect to pricing for both US & International markets to keep a check on rate parity with competitors. Ensure Priceline maintains and improves the current level of pricing competitiveness and notify team members of any changes in the competitive landscape.
- Identify opportunities to optimize pricing and make recommendations by analyzing market data. Create Tableau reports to track performance and convey results to the Pricing Manager and Senior Leadership.
- Mine web log data to understand customer purchase behavior and make site improvement recommendations.
- Help in the enhancement and maintenance of the data pipeline necessary for reporting.
- Assist team members with automated tools that make repeatable work faster and more efficient.
- Prepare additional ad-hoc analysis / reporting as necessary.
We look for people who like data and can think strategically to draw out big picture conclusions, correlations, and recommendations from that data.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Enjoys using data to come to actionable conclusions
- Demonstrated expertise working with large, complex datasets
- Experience developing high quality reporting
- Ability to collaborate with team members and members of other departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Natural curiosity to dig into large data sets
- Experience extracting & processing data using SQL and Hadoop tools
- Experience with Tableau & Google Analytics
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or R is a plus
Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.