ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition by the Priceline group in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA. This role will help to ad growth to our Midwest Chicago team and our overall U.S. presence.
In every department, Priceline Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Priceline Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
ABOUT PRICELINE AGODA GLOBAL PARTNER SERVICES
Priceline Agoda Global Partner Services is unique within the global Agoda organization. We’re building a best-in-class team that supports two of Booking Holdings’ hotel platforms; Priceline.com and Agoda.com. Priceline Agoda Global Partners Services provides our hotel partners with a single, flexible merchant connection powered by a robust technology platform offering our hotel partners global reach with local expertise.
As Market Manager, the key objective is to guide expansion of Priceline-Agoda’s network of hotel partnerships and accommodation inventory supply through building, establishing and maintaining account relationships. The Market Manager leverages their experience in procurement, e-commerce, revenue management and the hotel/travel/hospitality industry, generally, in order to manage Priceline-Agoda’s hotel market and market partnership-related functions. Additionally, the Market Manager is expected to identify trends, optimize pricing, ensure content competitiveness and identify and secure potential sources of supply to satisfy consumer demand on both Priceline.com and Agoda.com storefronts.
- Build strong supplier relationships and convincingly explain the strategic benefits of the Priceline and Agoda products to grow bookings, revenues and gross profit in assigned markets
- Evaluate existing partnerships and determine actions to optimize performance
- Execute and track both acquisition and account management activities
- Recommend and execute strategies and promotional activities with hotel partners to maximize Priceline and Agoda accommodation availability and content competitiveness
- Decide on promotional campaigns and conditions/criteria for participation
- Identify, prioritize, negotiate, contract and onboard non-participatory hotels, ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of production with participating hotels and continually present strategic recommendations using a consultative approach to optimize hotel conversion and assist partner hotels in maximizing their RevPAR via Priceline and Agoda products
- Formulate project ideas, determine where opportunity exists and implement new approaches.
- Negotiate Advance Guaranteed Payment deals, accounting for variables affecting economic impact of hotel participation mitigated against risk to Agoda
- Negotiate and evaluate costs of running feature marketing campaigns for hotel properties
- Identify regional supply requirements in terms of product offerings and promotions to meet market demands
- Identify, qualify, contact, counsel, and visit key accommodation suppliers to grow Priceline and Agoda’s portfolio
- Maintain knowledge of key events in assigned markets and their impact on hotel availability
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Ensure hotels in assigned regions implement appropriate customer operational procedures
- Manage listings for new suppliers and renewals with existing partners
- Manage all supplier data in distribution systems
- Manage and improve upon internal team operation processes
- Train and inform hotel partners on Agoda technologies, tools and models
- Create business case to facilitate new product creation or enhancements of existing technology, reporting and tools
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges
- Conduct market research
- Prepare presentations and materials
- Manage regular weekly/monthly supplier and internal reports
- Conduct local and/or national training for AMMs and/or other MMs (e.g., account management techniques, best practices, specific areas of business
- Mentor AMMs and/or other MMs
- Some interviewing of potential new candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field or equivalent experience
- Three-five years of experience in sales, e-commerce and/or revenue management, highly preferred within hotel, travel or hospitality industry (especially OTA channels)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence external/internal stakeholders
- Ability to research, prepare and communicate various proposals to potential and current hotel partners
- Success in acquiring, building and maintaining long-term customer relationships
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving, analysis, and planning skills
- Adapts well to – and is energized by – changing and dynamic workplace and industry
- Possesses creative and innovative instincts and the ability to translate ideas into reality
- Thrives as a team player demonstrates a strong work ethic
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
Hired.com’s latest global brand report has ranked Agoda #1 Employer Brand in Singapore!
Agoda is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.