We’re a data-driven organization, which makes our Analytics and Data Science teams the brains of our operation. On the cutting edge of customer and business analytics, they make sure all our decisions and innovations are based on the latest insights.
Priceline is looking for a Associate Data Scientist to be a key member of our center of excellence for pricing. The person in this role will be responsible for building pricing models for machine assisted pricing platform initiative by leveraging advanced analytics, statistical, econometrics, and quantitative models while striving to serve the company’s mission to be the best travel deal maker in the world.
- Develop pricing models to help make business critical pricing decisions
- Research initiatives in the context of demand forecasting, price elasticity modeling, and price/network optimization.
- Devise testing methodologies for model selection.
- Operationalize models in production.
- Analyze and keep track of model performance in production.
- Work with Data, Product and Technology team to integrate model output with transactional systems.
- Leverage data analyses, modeling, and visualization tools such as R and/or Python, Jupyter, Oracle SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, Tableau, CPLEX and others.
- Build model prototypes to demonstrate benefits from proposed changes to the decision systems and operational processes.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a quantitative or computational field (ie, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or Physics )
- Proficiency in a programming language used for data analysis (R/Python), query knowledge (SQL) and have experience with data warehousing systems like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery.
- Hands on expertise in building statistical or econometrics models in an educational or commercial setting.
- Formulate and solve optimization problems using CPLEX, Gurobi, or other optimizers.
- Knowledge of Big Data packages a plus, Hadoop, Spark, Hive or others
- Experience with ML computing on premise or cloud platforms like AWS or Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Sound verbal and written skills to effectively interact with both technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Display high energy and drive
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Knowledge / Experience of programming languages like Java a plus
- Any Experience with Anaconda, DataRobot, H2O, Auto ML, TensorFlow/Keras/PyTorch, cloud computing a plus
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.