Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
As a Principal Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for handling hybrid-cloud infrastructure and production environment. You will support a team in creating robust infrastructure architectures with systems that support development and enhance performance of highly scalable, high performance web-based product that caters to the global market.
You will also help us in managing our availability and scalability needs. You will actively participate in deploying and supporting applications on our private and public cloud environments. Our web site serves hundreds of thousands of customers a day, and is one of the best-known brands on the Internet.
At the same time, we’re in the middle of a transformation to a cloud architecture and providing resources “as a service” to developers. To keep up with rapid growth, you will be working with our development teams to support the current environment while helping us in this transition.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of engineers and work directly with business and technical leaders.
- Building and managing thousands of servers and hundreds of applications in multiple geo locations using automation.
- Incident management, monitoring and alerting, root cause analysis.
- Site health, performance and security.
- Solve complex infrastructure issues and repetitive operational tasks using automation
- You will be working to improve how we build and operate the Priceliine.com website to become the best travel deal makers in the world. This includes improving our site availability, scalability, performance, monitoring and alerting, and security. Our goal is to build self-healing website through automation.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science (or related field). Graduate degree helpful.
- 8 plus years of experience and minimum 2 years of experience in a lead role.
- Proficiency in one or more of these scripting languages – Shell, Perl, Python & PowerShell scripting.
- Hands-on experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS.
- Experience in managing large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management.
- Experience with implementation and support of user-facing, large-scale, tech stacks.
- Experience in configuration management tools Salt/Chef/Puppet/Ansible. Docker is a plus.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure scalability issues.
- Passionate about automating and improving processes.
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable. federal, state and local laws.