Whether it’s hotels, rental cars, flights, cruises or packages, our Lines of Business develop the relationships we need to generate great deals and then get them to priceline customers – so they can experience all the moments that matter to them.
Priceline is seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic and results-oriented individual to assume the role of Director, Airline Business Development.
You will be responsible for setting strategic direction for your accounts, and implementing innovative tactics to exceed aggressive supply, revenue and profitability targets for all Priceline programs. The ability to establish and develop long-term relationships both internally and externally will be critical to success.
You must be an organized, competitive, self-starter who is driven to succeed and can manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision. You must possess strong analytical acumen coupled with airline marketplace knowledge, and a proven track record of sales success.
- Develop and strengthen long-term, strategic partnerships with new and existing airline partners
- Clearly communicate the unique value of Priceline’s programs (opaque, retail and vacation packages) to a multitude of airline stakeholders
- Deliver a strategic plan to grow bookings, revenue and gross profit for assigned portfolio
- Analyze data to identify key issues, trends and opportunities. Translate those findings into an action plan with the aim of improving both Priceline and airline partner performance
- Act as a consultative partner – understand the needs and capabilities of both Priceline and the airline, and develop solutions that benefits both parties
- Deliver exceptional day-to-day account management – reporting, performance management, troubleshooting, etc.
- Negotiate and finalize new agreements in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Communicate effectively with a cross-functional set of internal stakeholders (product, customer care, marketing, etc.) to pursue innovative opportunity development and resolve day-to-day issues
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or related area; MBA preferred
- Minimum 7+ years experience in the travel industry; aviation or online travel experience preferred
- Airline Sales/Distribution experience preferred
- Airline Pricing/Revenue Management experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn data into action
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, with ability to influence internally and externally with a wide range of audiences
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to constantly evolving marketplace conditions
- Proactive and dynamic personality willing and able to drive strong results
- Innovative, creative thinker
- Openness to travel
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.