Priceline.com, an internet and e-commerce pioneer with brand leadership in online travel is looking for a smart, motivated, and experienced Sr IT Support Specialist to join the Technology department.
Senior IT Support Specialist will lead/mentor other Support Specialists. The chosen candidate will interface directly with and represent the company with outside vendors, including the software application vendors and providers, and the hardware support and maintenance companies.
The Senior IT Support Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
Assist in budgetary requirements and inventory and licensing forecasting and management
Acquisition & Deployment
Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools and processes.
Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management best practices.
· Assisting in providing Level I support when request volumes are high.
· Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
· Build rapport with service desk customers.
· Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to a suitable engineer or vendor when required.
· Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
· Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Research solutions through the internal and external knowledge base as needed.
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
· Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of Zoom conferencing environment, computing and mobile environment
· Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved.
· Perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level I Technicians as required.
· Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
· Contribute to technician knowledge base and training as needed.
· Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
· Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
Formal Education & Certification
· College diploma or a university degree in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
· Certification in the technology field.
Knowledge & Experience
· Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including Apple, Lenovo, Intel NUC,
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Mac OS, Windows 10, Windows Server Administration 2012/2016
· Extensive application support experience with Google, Microsoft Office, Atlassian Jira Service desk, ticketing system Confluence, Zoom, Slack
· Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including JamF, Active Directory, SCCM, Asset Panda,
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· 40-hour onsite work week.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.