Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place. Priceline.com, an internet and e-commerce pioneer with brand leadership handling millions of customers generating
billions of dollars of transactions each year in online travel. We are looking for a smart, motivated, and experienced
● Install and configure MySQL instances.
● Backup and restore MySQL instances.
● Upgrade, security patch, and maintain MySQL instances
● Build and maintain data replications cross multiple MySQL instances
● Monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting the performance of MySQL instances.
● Automate MySQL maintenance jobs with Linux shell scripting.
● Administrate and configure Oracle instances.
● Backup and restore Oracle database, datafiles and tables.
● Build and maintain data replications cross multiple Oracle instances.
● Manage and maintain Oracle schema/tablespace, instances and storage.
● Create and manage Oracle user/application accounts
● Monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting the performance of Oracle instances.
● Data modeling Oracle schema/tables/indexes etc objects
● Automate Oracle maintenance jobs with Linux shell scripting
● Providing architectural directions
● 24 by 7 production support Cassandra/Oracle/MySQL platforms.
● Cloud migrations and infrastructure buildup
● Coordination within team for customer excellence
● Minimum 5 years of database administration experience
● Minimum 3 years experience in MySQL database administration required
● Must be expert in MySQL Database Administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup/recovery
and database security
● Must be able to lead by example, operate independently under general direction, influence team with best
practices and provide plans for operational excellence.
● Must have experience with some public cloud provider. Google Cloud Platform preferred; but not mandatory
● Experience with Cassandra or Redis will be highly desirable
● Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related industry or equivalent training and
● Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability
and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.