Analytics & Data Science
Analytics & Data Science
We’re a data-driven organization, which makes our Analytics and Data Science teams the brains of our operation. On the cutting edge of customer and business analytics, they make sure all our decisions and innovations are based on the latest insights.
Priceline is seeking a Director of Flight Analytics responsible for measuring and reporting on the business unit’s key health metrics, uncovering insights that explain business performance and/or drive the business forward, and collaborating with internal stakeholders to identify and execute on business opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role has prior travel experience (OTA experience preferred), a keen ability to lead and direct highly skilled analysts and drive business results, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
The candidate must have a strong track record of execution, with the ability to thrive in an agile, innovative, data-driven environment.
This position will report to the VP Revenue Management and will be based in our HQ Office in Norwalk, CT.
· Overseeing, analyzing and maintaining reports and dashboards to generate timely actionable insights into revenue, margin and unit performance
· Define/refine KPIs that explain business performance and drive associated actions
· Partner with internal stakeholders (i.e Marketing, Supply and Pricing) to improve business performance based on insights generated
· Direct team of Analysts, Data Engineers to build and maintain analytics infrastructure
· Partner and collaborate with other business units/peer companies to gather and report data
Skills & Experience
· 8+ years of analysis/research/consulting experience analyzing performance metrics and driving business operations. Ecommerce / travel industry a plus
· Proven track record of translating business problems into analytical framework, developing analytical plans for answering complex problems and delivering analytical insights, and executing on those insights in a cross-functional environment
· Hands-on, extensive knowledge and experience of working with large databases, data mining and business intelligence tools (SQL, Python, Tableau, Etc.)
· Ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple way to senior leadership
· Proven business operator and strong leader
· Fun, highly competitive person
· Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
· BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.