Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Are you passionate about complex, highly scalable software systems? Do you enjoy coming up with appropriate solutions to the most challenging business problems? Do you enjoy collaborating with the business folks to improve and grow the company’s products? Do you thrive in an environment where cross-functional, self-organizing agile teams are constantly experimenting to improve the product? Are you looking for a company that is not too big, not too small, and has a casual work environment? If so, then we just might have the perfect job for you!
Priceline.com is an internet and e-commerce pioneer with brand leadership in online travel. Our infrastructure handles billions of dollars in transactions each year, and is one of the best known travel sites in the world. We are looking for a smart, motivated, and experienced Linux System Administrator with scripting and automation skills. We have been experiencing exciting growth and need a candidate that will take our team to the next level.
This position will report into the Director of Infrastructure Operations and you will help us run and maintain our system infrastructure, including servers, storage, virtualization, backup, and monitoring. These technologies need to be streamlined and consumable as a service by our internal customers across the business.
The ideal candidate is excited and motivated about running a production grade critical infrastructure and looks for opportunities to improve processes with automation. We operate in an agile environment and we work off a prioritized backlog. We use Scrum to complete larger scale projects and initiatives. On a given day, you may find yourself automating a process, solving a critical issue, or implementing a new tool.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn and keep up with market trends and new technologies as they become available.
- Engage with business and technical stakeholders to capture and implement requirements.
- Maintain security and compliance of our infrastructure within the parameters set forth by our security team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to our technologies.
- Automate tasks that will increase the efficiency and velocity of our daily workflow.
- This is a 24×7 production environment. While we are mindful to have a good work/life balance, you will share a on-call duty with other team members.
Requirements for the position include:
- At least three years of system administration.
- A Bachelors Degree or higher is highly preferred, with fundamental computer science knowledge.
- Solid proficiency with Linux RHEL/CentOS.
- Have strong understanding in at least several of the following areas: VMWare, Storage, Data Protection, Monitoring and infrastructure services such as DNS, Proxy, LDAP/AD, NTP and others.
- Shell/Python or other programming experience.
- Ansible/Puppet/Chef – Configuration Management.
- GitHub Flow Process and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS, containers a plus.
- Knowledge of web server technologies such as configuration of apache, tomcat or infrastructure services
- Agile Methodologies.
Demonstrated history of living the values important to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.