Priceline is the leader in offering customers more ways to save on travel – hotel rooms, flights, rental cars, packages, and cruises. We provide our customers with access to more than one million accommodations of all types, including non-traditional accommodations like apartments and vacation rentals, and flights to all corners of the world.
We are part of Booking Holdings (alongside Booking.com, Agoda, KAYAK, and others). In every department, Priceline provides a working environment that is rich with innovation, collaboration, and a deep desire to win.
Primary location can be either London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, or Paris.
Priceline is seeking a Managing Director of Airline Partnerships for Europe. This role will be critical in Priceline’s quest to expand its product offering globally. You will be responsible for directing our commercial strategy for flights for the entire European region. You will lead a team that will partner with local airlines and negotiate contracts for supply to be used by Priceline, as well as other Booking Holdings brands. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the airline industry in Europe, superior communication and negotiation skills, and is highly analytical. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- In partnership with the Vice President of Global Flights, develop a highly competitive go-to-market strategy for flights in Europe that achieves aggressive gross bookings and revenue targets
- Build and deepen relationships with airline partners in Europe
- Negotiate commercial agreements with airline partners that support Priceline’s (and other Booking Holdings companies) financial and strategic objectives
- Measure and analyze business performance, trends, issues, and opportunities
- Build action plans, backed by data, with the aim of improving both Priceline and airline partner performance
- Monitor the competitive landscape of other online travel agencies, identify product and commercial weaknesses, and formulate/execute a plan to close gaps
- Partner with marketing team to identify key demand channels
- Minimum 8 years proven leadership experience in the travel industry
- Airline or online travel experience preferred (airline revenue management, distribution, or sales)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn data into action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence internally and externally with a wide range of audiences, including senior leadership at airlines
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to constantly evolving marketplace conditions
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal Priceline teams as well as with the technology teams of other Booking Holdings companies
- Innovative, creative thinker
- Must be willing to travel
- High degree of integrity and honesty
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or a related area; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.