We’re a data-driven organization, which makes our Analytics and Data Science teams the brains of our operation. Are you looking to join a world class team of business analysts? On the cutting edge of customer and business analytics, they make sure all our decisions and innovations are based on the latest insights.
At Priceline, we use data to drive decisions and understand the business. We look for people who love data; can apply analytical functions to identify underlying patterns and structures; can think strategically to draw out big picture conclusions, correlations, and recommendations; can model behavior; and can communicate all these results clearly and using a variety of methods.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Ancillary Products team as a Business Analyst, specifically to support our travel insurance business. The business analyst will play a key role to the overall team, and lead the forecasting and analysis of product performance, identify opportunities, develop business cases, and drive product optimization testing. And because ancillary products interacts with nearly every department in the company, you will get great exposure to all of our travel product, different functional departments and you will develop deep industry expertise.
- Develop actionable insights from transaction-level, aggregated company, and industry data in order to make the case for new products, improve customer experience and profitability.
- Work closely with Product teams and affinity partners to execute experimentation/optimization testing, analyze and report on results, and use data to make informed decisions that drive revenue growth. Determine what additional data is needed to drive improved tracking, forecasting, and personalization triggers for UX and marketing campaigns.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual product revenue and expense forecasting and reporting. Work closely with the business and marketing leads to ensure performance drivers and assumptions are accurately reflected.
- Monitor key performance trends and provide commentary to upper management when questions arise as a result of financial variances.
- Immerse self into Priceline’s data environment and have mastery of the moving parts of the business.
- Answer tough questions with data.
- Mastery of Excel; strong experience working with data tables and obtaining data through SQL or similar. Experience with R, or similar, and Tableau a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; extremely proficient in presentation writing tools (e.g., Power Point, Slides)
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity with demonstrated ability to learn and master new subject areas quickly
- Project management and work structure skills – excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and prioritize own work
- Entrepreneurial spirit, owner mindset, takes initiative
- Comfortability with ambiguity
- Passion for travel and business results
- 2+ years in strategic business role or strategy / management consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.