Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Priceline.com's team was awarded a Top Developer badge on Google Play! Come join us and be a part of our high-performing engineering team!
Priceline is looking for optimistic and collaborative, developers to roll up their sleeves and join our mobile team. We believe in hiring people who love what they do. Are you passionate about Android, mobile technology, and building great products? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a member of our Android Development Team, you'll be building priceline.com's world-class Android app for booking hotels, rental cars, and air travel. You will work closely with Product Managers and UI/UX specialists to create fast, efficient, stable code, with core Android technologies such as: Android Architecture Components, Navigation Framework, Android Jetpack, Android NDK, View components, JSON, and more. Additionally, you'll be implementing A/B tests and real-time analytics, as a member of a tight-knit, fast-moving team that includes server-side developers.
- Demonstrated experience creating one or more production-quality Android apps using Android Studio: Send us your Google Play links if you have ‘em!
- Strong fluency of the Java programming language, Kotlin, the Android SDK (versions 5.0 and up), Dalvik VM, ART, memory management, strong command of object oriented principles, data structure optimizations, security, IPC, App Modularization, third party service integration (e.g. Google Play Services, Retrofit, Room, etc…) and the Android Studio.
- Experience as a member of a development team that uses Agile development techniques.
- Thorough understanding of REST-ful API design: You can design and document a client-server protocol, and you can implement the client side of a documented protocol.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years related experience in Android development
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK (version 5.0 and up)
- Strong experience with Object Oriented (OO) software design
- Experience understanding large and complex code bases
- Memory Management (as it relates to Android devices)
- Performance Monitoring & Debugging
- Architecture Components
- Caching Mechanisms
- Integration with Google Play Services
- Implementing REST APIs
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.