At Priceline, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. [NASDAQ: BKNG], we believe every trip is a Big Deal to our customers. Whether it’s a much-needed getaway, wedding, reunion, graduation, or rooting on a favorite team—those are the moments that matter.
Our mission? Be the Best Travel Dealmakers in the World. We provide our customers with smart and easy ways to access the very best deals available on hotel rooms, flights, rental cars, vacation packages and cruises, so they can be there for the moments that matter the most to them.
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
You will be working in our mission critical assignments while handling a large infrastructure that caters to billions of user base across the world. You should be excited about working with a team which works in 24*7 environment and also happy to interact with both internal & external audiences especially when they have issues related to performance of infrastructure.
The Director, Data Team will lead data engineering initiatives for building from scratch the next-gen data platform at Priceline.
• Design, architect and build a cloud based modern data platform.
• Play a lead role in Priceline’s cloud migration journey to next-generation data platform using GCP
• Lead the cloud data lake architecture design, integration and production deployment initiatives.
• Along with the cloud migration, also redesign data pipelines for scale and speed. Design and build reliable streaming data pipelines capable of processing very large volumes of data (petabytes)
• Data Engineering for Analytics and Operationalization
• Build a Machine Learning Platform to run models at scale.
• Assist with data governance and MDM initiatives
• Establish Agile development methodology for them. Help foster innovation.
• Strong communication skills along with strong collaborative nature is a prerequisite
• 10+ years working Data Warehousing and ETL technologies
• 5+ years working on Big Data Technologies on the cloud
• Expertise in Data Modeling, Architecture and Data Security
• Experience managing a large globally distributed team
• Experience with building a Data Lake and setting up an Enterprise Data Catalog
• Extensive experience managing and securing PII data
• Experience with Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Talend, Informatica, GCP, Python, Scala
• Experience with Streaming and Messaging Technologies such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, Google . Pub/Sub
• Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering
• Experience with Tableau is a plus
• Demonstrated history of living the values important to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.