Analytics & Data Science
Analytics & Data Science
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal?
As a Data Analytics Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing business intelligence and analytics to drive continuous improvement and innovation across finance organizations. With the most advanced big data technologies at your fingertips, you will leverage data to understand, meet, and anticipate the needs of our customers.
In this role you will get to:
· Work with state-of-the-art data frameworks and technologies.
· You will work as a team member to develop tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies and data performance.
· You will support and improve current data ingestion processes for applications and systems
· You will develop production application should allow business teams to self-serve
· You will be focused on data ingestion, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation.
· You will work cross-functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
· You will review & test the data to ensure accuracy & validity of the data prior to uploading the data to target systems.
· You will Perform data analysis, data mining and investigations and identify root cause of issues using several cutting-edge data analysis tools
· You will socialize results across the organization – summarize and interpret results
· Improve upon the data ingestion models, ETL jobs, and alarming to maintain data integrity and data availability.
· Build Data Pipelines to ingest structured and Unstructured Data.
· Gain hands-on experience with new data platforms and programming languages
· Analyze and provide data supported recommendations to improve product performance and customer acquisition.
· Design, Build and Support resilient production grade applications and services
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, with 4+ years of industry experience.
· 3+ years’ experience with data aggregation, standardization, linking, quality check mechanisms, and reporting.
· 3+ years’ experience with big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark.
· 4+ years’ experience with RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server) and using SQL or other data integration/ETL tools.
· 3+ years’ experience with reporting tools (Tableau/looker)
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Be able to demonstrate strong understanding of data flow from collection through to analysis,
· Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Who we are:
WE ARE PRICELINE.
Our success as one of the biggest players in online travel is all thanks to our incredible, dedicated team of talented employees. Priceliners are focused on being the best travel deal makers in the world, fueled by our passion to help everyone experience the moments that matter most in their lives. Whether it’s a dream vacation, your cousin’s graduation, or your best friend’s wedding – we make travel affordable and accessible to our customers.
Our culture is unique and inspiring (that’s what our employees tell us). We’re a grown-up, startup. We deliver the excitement of a new venture, without the struggles and chaos that can come with a business that hasn’t stabilized.
We’re on the cutting edge of innovative technologies. We keep the customer at the center of all that we do. Our ability to meet their needs relies on the strength of a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
If you want to be part of something truly special, check us out!
Priceline is part of the Booking Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: BKNG) family of companies. Our sister companies include Booking, BookingGo, Agoda, Kayak and OpenTable. Together we are an undeniable force in the online travel and tourism industry.