Director, Customer Care Operations
Our People & Culture and Legal teams make sure we provide a highly ethical working environment where everyone at Priceline can bring their whole selves to work and deliver their very best each day. We want you to thrive – to feel safe, supported, valued, and growing to your highest potential!
Why this job’s a big deal:
This individual serves as the senior leader over the operational functions within Customer Care that include contact center management, the performance of our agents, SLA achievement, processes, and stability of the operation. While you will be directly responsible for everything that happens in the day-to-day interactions with customers, you will also have to partner closely with Training, QA, Workforce Management, Technology and other to ensure we have the tools, people, and technology to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Every time.
In this role you will get to:
● Put the customer at the center of everything we do.
● Develop and implement a strategic vision for the Customer Care Operation, focused on delivering the very best experience for our customers
● Lead, manage, and develop a team dedicated to delivering on our customer expectations from time to answer to quality of the interaction
● Serve as the relationship point of contact for our contact center partners and ensuring they deliver on their commitments
● Professionally challenge the way we do things in order to continuously improve the agent and customer experience
● Continually drives business improvements by bringing forward actionable insights to counterparts in the enterprise
● Effectively lead remote teams in a multi-site, multi-national, multi-cultural team environment
● Hold peers accountable for delivering well-trained, professional, high-quality agents and staffing to the business need in order to achieve your KPI deliverables
● Leverage feedback loops between Operations, Support Services, and Technology to minimize areas of customer friction
● Create metrics-based reporting to monitor and manage operational performance and make data-driven decisions
Who you are:
● Bachelor’s degree required;
● Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in a medium-sized call center environment (1000+ seats) that includes:
● Strong knowledge of contact center training best practices including optimal blending of modalities necessary to attract and engage today’s workforce for both Sales and Service teams
● Architect and maintain an LMS environment (Litmos preferred)
● Experience with e-learning tools – Camtasia, Articulate360, Captivate
● Experience creating and maintaining a scalable training curriculum;
● Experience in best practices for contact center QA programs
● Workforce Management Operations – both planning/forecasting and real-time adherence
● Modeling ad hoc scenarios such as service level changes, impacts from policy adjustments, new product launches, etc.
● Contact Center Financial Planning – budgeting, financial forecasting, and producing periodic guidance updates
● Contact Center Analytics – understanding and surfacing pattern trends in the operation that may signal an improvement opportunity
● Experienced in both Service and Sales environments
● Minimum 1-3 years of experience managing:
○ 3rd party (outsource) relationships
○ Multi-site operations (preference if experienced in multi-national environments)
● Strong organizational skills
● Inspirational leader and motivator;
● Experience building, leading and mentoring a team;
● Strong analytical skills;
● Demonstrated process improvement methodology and results;
● Expert at delegation and prioritization to meet deadlines;
● Excellent communication skills for any audience from entry-level agents to CEO;
● Demonstrate effectiveness at achieving results through others;
● Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
● The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.
Who we are:
WE ARE PRICELINE.
Our success as one of the biggest players in online travel is all thanks to our incredible, dedicated team of talented employees. Priceliner’s are focused on being the best travel deal makers in the world, fueled by our passion to help everyone experience the moments that matter most in their lives. Whether it’s a dream vacation, your cousin’s graduation, or your best friend’s wedding – we make travel affordable and accessible to our customers.
Our culture is unique and inspiring (that’s what our employees tell us). We’re a grown-up, startup. We deliver the excitement of a new venture, without the struggles and chaos that can come with a business that hasn’t stabilized.
We’re on the cutting edge of innovative technologies. We keep the customer at the center of all that we do. Our ability to meet their needs relies on the strength of a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
If you want to be part of something truly special, check us out!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Our Commitment
Priceline ensures equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by governing law.