This role is eligible for our hybrid work model: 2 days in-office & 3 days remote.
Software Developer – Back End API
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why is this job a big deal:
Join a growing Agile team of professionals that are instrumental in building the next generation of travel applications. We constantly explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for ever demanding business needs.
We design and develop RESTful and Graph APIs, along with the backing applications and services that serve hundreds of millions of searches a day, orchestrating data across millions of hotel, rental cars, and airline partners, to get the best deals for our customers.
In this role you will get to:
- Participate in mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business
- Be part of a cross-functional agile team that continuously experiments, iterates and delivers on new product objectives
- Showcase your development skills in Java
- Apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput services with continuous integration and automation testing
- Apply your experience working on various SQL and NoSQL technologies in implementing data solutions
- Utilize your knowledge to understand our codebase, systems and business requirements to effectively make changes to our applications
- Effectively collaborate and engage in team efforts, speak up for what you think are the best solutions and be able to converse respectfully and compromise when necessary
- Our API Team builds out high volume, low latency RESTful and Graph APIs to connect our customers with the best travel deals in the industry
Who you are:
- 2+ years software development experience
- Background developing in Java, or similar server-side languages
- Experience with GIT source control
- Thorough SQL skills for composing schemas, queries, and analyzing results
- Knowledge of API standards like REST and GraphQL
- Experience interfacing with third-party APIs and frameworks
- Background in Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker and developing for the modern Cloud, specifically GCP and AWS, are all big positives
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline – it’s a way of life. It’s therefore essential that you also meet our high standard of ethics, honesty, transparency and compliance.
We’re proud to offer:
- Competition leading salary, aggressive yearly bonus program
- Employer RRSP contribution matching
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- Subsidized parking and gym membership
- Work trips, travel perks, regular team and company parties
- Opportunities to contribute to or take ownership of major projects, services and features
- A team of committed colleagues who are dedicated to always improving themselves and each other
- Modern office space in downtown Winnipeg, which we’ll return to after keeping safe and remote during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Always current hardware and development tools/software
- Regular Hackdays to experiment with new technologies and learn new skills