NOC Operations Specialist
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
Are you interested in learning cutting edge technologies? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? The priceline.com SRO Team offers these and many more opportunities while working in a fast pace and challenging environment. The Site Reliability Operations team is responsible for ensuring that every area of Priceline.com's site is highly available, reliable and performing optimally.
In this role you will get to:
- Provides support and monitors company's production, corporate environments, business partner infrastructure including the monitoring and maintenance of all servers. Resolves, troubleshoots and creates tickets, escalates issues to various company's teams, subsidiaries and/or third- party partners/suppliers.
- Follows proper triage procedures when escalating issues to others in or out of Network Operations.
- Troubleshoots and isolates failed equipment, connections and facilities issues. Updates the Commercial Call Centers of outages in a timely manner.
- Tracks and updates problems in the trouble ticketing system; creates and distributes reports to management and other teams as required.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of all company's products, issues and escalation of procedures. Ensures the efficient and trouble-free operation of remote and local workstations and servers.
- Coordinates monitoring activities for infrastructure and servers.
- Communicates relevant scheduled and emergency activities with NOC Manager and ensures network equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Maintains server inventories and environmental documentation.
- Monitors NOC support queue and provides second/third level support via telephone, email or face to face
- Follows through preliminary checklist of problem resolution methods and communicates issues and resolution with various business groups: Log activities, track progress and time in a repository in NOC Database. Escalates issues by contacting appropriate parties in accordance with company's procedures.
Who you are:
- Excellent written, verbal communication and decision-making skills. Strong troubleshooting, sense of urgency and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux with familiarity of implemented protocol standards (SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.), TCP/IP. LAN/WAN, DNS, Email and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 3-7years relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Basic understanding on Cloud
- Basic understanding Database Query
- Working Exp on Monitoring tool
- Experience with New Relic, PagerDuty, Splunk, Jira, Confluence.
- Exp of Vmware/Linux
- Working experience with Incident Management and Change Management.
- Prior experience in Operations or a fast-paced, high stress environment with the requirement to resolve multiple interruption-driven priorities simultaneously.
- Troubleshooting experience with application and hardware issues.
- Intermediate skills / working knowledge of Open Source environments.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking.
- Self-motivated and can work both independently and within a team in our 24/7 Operations Center; available for off-hours shift coverage and be able to take ownership of technical issues in the role of Incident Commander.
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.
Who we are:
WE ARE PRICELINE.
Our success as one of the biggest players in online travel is all thanks to our incredible, dedicated team of talented employees. Priceliners are focused on being the best travel deal makers in the world, fueled by our passion to help everyone experience the moments that matter most in their lives. Whether it’s a dream vacation, your cousin’s graduation, or your best friend’s wedding – we make travel affordable and accessible to our customers.
Our culture is unique and inspiring (that’s what our employees tell us). We’re a grown-up, startup. We deliver the excitement of a new venture, without the struggles and chaos that can come with a business that hasn’t stabilized.
We’re on the cutting edge of innovative technologies. We keep the customer at the center of all that we do. Our ability to meet their needs relies on the strength of a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Priceline is part of the Booking Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: BKNG) family of companies, a highly profitable global online travel company with a market capitalization of over $80 billion. Our sister companies include Booking.com, BookingGo, Agoda, Kayak and OpenTable.
If you want to be part of something truly special, check us out!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Our Commitment
Priceline ensures equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by governing law.