This role is eligible for full time remote work
Senior Cloud Engineer
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
The Pipeline Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring that Priceline’s software engineers can build, test, stage and deploy their code changes to Production with minimal friction and high code confidence.
We design, develop, maintain and support the systems and frameworks used by the engineers who build our products and services, putting a developer-centric focus on the tools they use every day. Those systems and frameworks represent a wide variety of purposes and technologies, including the governance of code build and deployment patterns for applications; key integrations with quality assurance and information security services; and code delivery to both our on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure.
We also facilitate external integrations with our sister companies, affiliate partners and third-party vendors, leveraging both new and existing infrastructure to enhance Booking Holdings’ product offerings. Pipeline Engineering collaborates with teams around the organization to satisfy system needs in line with the group's technical vision and strategy.
In this role you will get to:
- Design, implement and maintain our deployment pipeline infrastructure and services.
- Works closely with the SDET organization to provide a self-service test integration, test coverage and quality.
- Maintain and develop our Cloud Infrastructure in GCP and support internal teams in migrating applications into the cloud
- Collaborate with Security and Architecture teams to ensure code meets security requirements and is deployed in alignment with standards and governance processes.
- Manage vendor relationships for the tools and technologies.
- Debug and resolve the issues developers encounter when attempting to use the services we maintain, with an eye toward continuously improving developer experience.
- Execute against a vision of continuous integration and delivery that empowers developers to drive a global engineering organization.
Who you are:
- Expert knowledge in CI/CD automation and configuration management using tools such as Harness, Jenkins, Sonarqube, GitHub, and GitHub Actions
- Guide, lead, and mentor team members in designing, implementing and maintaining our deployment pipeline infrastructure and services.
- Familiarity with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management.
- Advanced development skills with at least one of the following programming languages: Go, Python, Node.js, Bash, Java, C, C++
- Knowledge of and experience with systems administration, typically Docker; Unix / Linux; networking protocols; database administration; task running
- Knowledge of testing automation tools such as Saucelabs.
- Knowledge of security and code scanning tools such as StackRox
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Knowledge and experience with running distributed systems in public cloud environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Eight or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Passionate about automating and improving processes.
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.