This role is eligible for our five day flex office work model.
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s big deal:
We have been experiencing exciting growth and have begun our cloud migration utilizing managed services within Google's Cloud Platform. We operate in an agile environment and we work off a prioritized backlog with a focus on projects that are crucial to business growth.
In this role you will get to:
- Run and maintain our system infrastructure, including servers, storage, virtualization, backup, and monitoring.
- Learn and keep up with market trends and new technologies as they become available.
- Engage with business and technical stakeholders to capture and implement requirements.
- Maintain security and compliance for our infrastructure within the parameters set forth by our security team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to our technologies.
- Join us in our journey to the cloud, embracing containerization and service separation in the name of reliability, scalability and cost reduction.
- Automate tasks that will increase the efficiency and velocity of our daily workflow.
- Share an on-call duty with other team members for a 24×7 production environment while being mindful to have a good work/life balance.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of system administration. The ideal candidate is excited and motivated about running a production grade critical infrastructure and looks for opportunities to improve processes with automation.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher is highly preferred, with fundamental computer science knowledge.
- Solid proficiency with Linux RHEL/CentOS.
- Have strong understanding in at least several of the following areas: VMWare, Storage, Data Protection, Performance Monitoring and infrastructure services such as DNS, Proxy, LDAP/AD, NTP and others.
- Shell/Python or other programming experience.
- Ansible/Puppet/Chef – Configuration Management.
- GitHub Flow Process and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in cloud technologies and deployment methods. i.e Terraform.
- Agile Methodologies.
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.