This role is eligible for our five day flex office work model.
Software Engineer – Front End
Why this job’s a big deal:
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with a small, tight knit team of cutting edge, coding thought leaders who set the strategy for our customer interface in an engaging and ethical way. You will also be working closely with the product and design teams of Priceline. Self-starters are encouraged to explore, fail fast, and build new things, and will be given opportunities to be developed and grow within the company.
In this role you will get to:
- Contribute to projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business.
- Be part of a cross-functional team that experiments, iterates and delivers on product objectives.
- Showcase your expertise in building an engaging user experience.
- Design and develop systems supporting our Hotel, Airline, Rental Car and Vacation Package businesses, that serve hundreds of millions of searches a day.
- Optimize our sites for cross-device performance, including mobile, desktop, and tablets.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experienced building applications with Node.js, has an understanding about how Node works and applying common libraries like Express.
- Ability to develop and consume GraphQL APIs.
- Comfort and experience with functional programming.
- Ability to author semantic and accessible markup and style.
- Established software development best practices, including writing unit tests and collaborating over programming in peer code review.
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.