Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
The Priceline Cloud Development Team is responsible for managing the company’s current cloud infrastructure. It works closely with members from product, engineering, support, and infrastructure teams to satisfy system needs in line with the group’s technical vision and strategies.
In this role, you will get to:
- Engage with engineering and infrastructure to deliver robust, high traffic cloud services from inception to full operation.
- Support an agile team to integrate/implement the infrastructure for a 12 factor, containerized/microservice platform.
- Participate in the development of cloud-focused tooling to allow technology teams to utilize cloud services.
- Collaborate with Security and Architecture teams to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture standards and governance processes.
- Interact in a cooperative and professional manner, with all levels of employees, vendors and/or clients, in a team environment.
- Organize tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field).
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with running distributed systems in public cloud environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure.
- In-depth knowledge of container orchestration platforms and technologies such as Kubernetes and Istio.
- Knowledge of declarative infrastructure-as-code systems such as Terraform.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- In-depth development skills with programming languages such as Python, Go, Bash.
- Knowledge of systems administration, typically Docker; Unix / Linux; networking protocols; database administration.
- Experience in CICD automation using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Cloud Build.
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.