This role is eligible for our five day flex office work model.
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
Priceline – a part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), a highly profitable global online travel company with a market capitalization of over $80 billion – is looking for a Software Engineer/Data Engineer to join the Data Analytics & Infrastructure team within the Finance department. Unlike other organizations, our Data Analytics & Infrastructure team is part of the finance function and critical to the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group’s success via ownership of and responsibility for business performance reporting, transactional data integrity, and budgeting/forecasting/reporting software tools.
The individual will be an integral member of a team responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and managing Priceline’s full P&L (revenues and expenses) and serving as analytical and strategic business partners throughout the organization. The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life.
In this role you will get to:
- Participate in cloud migration and modernizing current data systems.
- Prepare and ingest data into financial forecasting models and be responsible for timeliness and accuracy of such data processes.
- Build data pipelines, reporting infrastructures and help develop new FP&A processes and analyses that add value for all stakeholders.
- Implement SQL composition skills that collects and queries data for investigation and analysis in real time from our applications.
- Maintain and design early warning and analytics systems using cutting edge cloud data technologies.
- Collaborate on building software that collects and queries data, while also composing queries for investigation purposes.
- Improve upon the data ingestion models, ETL jobs, and alarming to maintain data integrity and data availability.
- You will work cross-functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
- Build Data Pipelines to ingest structured and Unstructured Data.
- Gain hands-on experience with new data platforms and programming languages.
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience with data aggregation, standardization, linking, quality check mechanisms, and reporting applications (Tableau/looker)
- 3+ years' experience with big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark.
- 5+ years' experience with RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server) and using SQL or other data integration/ETL tools.
- 4+ years of experience in analytics, consulting, or technology
- Strong, hands-on SQL experience, preferably with Oracle or BigQuery, but other relational databases are OK
- Experience with developing data pipelines on Cloud, especially GCP or AWS.
- Experience/exposure in Python or Object-oriented programming
- Experience with financial forecasting tools (Anaplan or any EPM technologies) is nice to have
- Takes responsibility for results, “owning” assignments and projects
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a passion for analytics/data.
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential