Sr. Director, Customer Care Technology
We pride ourselves on Customer Care at Priceline. And our team delivers the very best. Through our partner call centers and online support services, we make sure customers are always looked after before, during and after booking a deal with Priceline.
Why this job’s a big deal
You are responsible for defining the overall strategy for the contact center technology ecosystem that powers our service and sales customer experiences through voice, chat, messaging, SMS, social media, and self-service/AI channels. You and your team will craft the customer experience leveraging various technology components to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers while minimize operational costs. You will oversee phone & messaging platforms, IVR, call routing, AI/bots, location(s) and optimization of the same in order to support our global operation. You and your team will monitor system and user uptime resolving interruptions or service degradations quickly to mitigate impact to the customer operation.
Key relationships are with Customer Care support teams (Operations; Training; QA; Product; Innovation & Excellence; Workforce), and Technology (Networking & Development).
In this role you will get to:
- Put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the Priceline Contact Center Technology organization covering Customer Care, Sales, Finance Fraud
- Continually optimize the customer journey through various entry points and channels of choice
- Stay abreast of emerging industry trends and identify opportunities to elevate the overall customer experience
- Maintain a stable and scalable technology platform including voice, messaging, chat, SMS, social media, and self-service/AI channels, CRM
- Own the relationships with our Contact Center technology vendors and partners holding them accountable for performance and expectations as well as leverage and drive them to increase product capabilities and functionality
- Analyze metrics on platform/system performance as well as feedback from the business to ensure KPIs met or exceed targets, including containment rate, voice vs non-voice channel mix, uptime, etc.
- Continually drive business improvements by bringing forward actionable insights to counterparts in the enterprise
- Effectively lead remote teams in a multi-site, multi-national, multi-cultural team environment
- Services as a SME across all contact center technologies including IVR, ACD, WFO, Messaging,
- Own user management process, license requirements for contact center technologies
- Leads evaluation and integration of vendor packages focusing on technology to enhance customer experience by increasing agent engagement and empowerment
- Manages compliance with all IT governance standards through approved tools, templates, policies, procedures and processes
- Hands-on experience administering large-scale, high-availability systems and the tools to monitor performance and availability
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a contact center technology role
- ACD and IVR platforms, experience with Amazon Connect is preferred
- Chat and messaging platforms, experience with LivePerson is preferred
- WFO/WFM experience with Verint is preferred
- Experience with REST based Service Oriented Architecture applications
- Cloud SAAS experience
- Conversation design / UX preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms
- Inspirational leader and motivator
- Experience with incident “on call”, and ability to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis
- Experience building, leading and mentoring a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated process improvement methodology and results
- Expert at delegation and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills for any audience from detail-oriented engineers to CEO
- Demonstrate effectiveness at achieving results through others
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. It’s therefore essential that you also meet our high standard of ethics, honesty, transparency and compliance.