This role is eligible for our full flex model
Associate Site Reliability Developer
Our Technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you’re in the right place.
Why this job’s a big deal:
As Priceline caters to the global market, enhancing performance of highly scalable, high performance web-based products continues to be a main focus. We strive to build infrastructure and eliminate manual work through automation. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work
In this role you will get to:
- Develop software and provide hands-on technical knowledge to design, deploy, and optimize large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Improve, tune and perform operational efficiency within the Linux based infrastructure and production environment.
- Actively participate in deploying and supporting applications in our private and public cloud environment.
- Manage thousands of servers and hundreds of applications in multiple geo locations.
- Collaborate with development teams to support the current environment as we transform into a cloud architecture and provide resources “as a service” to developers.
- Reduce manual intervention and turn-around time to solve for repetitive problems while automating and monitoring the health of Priceline’s commercial website.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- 2+ years working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8 CentOS.
- 1 year of working experience in cloud environments, preferably GCP, as well as Kubernetes.
- Proven experience in one or more of these scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python & PowerShell scripting).
- Solid understanding of infrastructure scalability issues.
- Comfort with large scale production systems and technologies (load balancing, monitoring, distributed system and configuration management and general knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools and tools such as Terraform/Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
- Taking ownership of automating, scripting, and tooling of new/existing scripts to help the team achieve 100% automation of daily tasks.
- Support services before they launch through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity management and launch reviews.
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production system
- Illustrated history of living the values necessary to Priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust.
- The Right Results, the Right Way is not just a motto at Priceline; it’s a way of life. Unquestionable integrity and ethics is essential.